Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Grim day

Getting mentally prepared for the funeral for the fellow BG'er who passed away last week.

I'm not sure why we all have to dress in black considering how the person in question was anything but dowdy. I think the BG'er would have appreciated some color. The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the mid 80 degrees. Yipes.

I'm trying not to dwell on this, and I don't want to be seen as cruel or mean. The bottom line is, that life is to be cherished and death is not to be feared as it's a part of life. And I see a lot of scared people. Will carry some tissues and pray I don't come across as cold or overly hysterical.

I will not bring a camera. It's just too tacky, in my opinion. And I just don't want it to be my last memory of this person. I think I will just be quiet and observe.