Saturday, May 23, 2009

Unicorns

There's a line I would crack from time to time, that waivers are like unicorns -- you've heard of them, you just never actually saw one. Today's mail arrived -- the check from the Michael & Michael shoot. A waiver was inside. They only include the sheet from the voucher you originally signed on when you get one. And there it was.

I immediately thought of the BG'er who died. I remembered how another BG'er had recently been discussed with myself and this fellow BG'er and another about yet another BG'er who seemed a bit laid back on pursuing their acting career. And how this laidback BG'er's phone rang as we were all at the funeral -- and had landed a U-5 role, this laid back BG'er's first!

And we wondered then as I wondered now -- if our dearly departed BG'er was working on our behalf to help us get closer to our goals.

I see the one who was with the BG'er -- on facebook. Former love. I'm hesitant to contact them. Seems a bit awkward to do so. Ah, life's too short. We'll see what happens.

Tomorrow I attend a friend's BBQ and intend to relax and enjoy myself and not worry about anything. Must learn to embrace life and enjoy.