Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fighting a nasty cold, relatives, finances, and career

This has been a worrisome time. I have not been able to do anything. I've been sick, tired, and now have another cold that came out of nowhere. Had to dip into rent money in order to pay for the medication. Now on top of feeling sick I'm worried about how I'm going to pay the rent.

This is not how I envisioned my life to be. This is not what I wanted. In the pursuit of going after what I want I find myself poorer than ever.

Frustrating.

Relatives are not helping. They are financially strained themselves. My finances are at a standstill. Save for a couple of lowly checks, I've had zero income this month. T says I've grown beyond background work. Yes, that may be right, but so far nothing has opened up to claim the money spot. So I look backward, towards my old secretarial career, in hopes that some money will start to roll in. Yet in this economic climate, it seems I couldn't have picked a worse time. Yet the news says the economy is starting to recover, so maybe it IS the best time.

A co-worker has extended some information about a possible temp company lead. Anything is better than nothing at this point. I need a life preserver tossed at me and fast. They will call on my behalf, which I am grateful for.

Just heard the door. T's coming with belated lunch. Although I can't taste anything, I do know I'm a bit hungry.