Friday, August 14, 2009

work's coming up

Got word on the finalized dates to play the teacher role in that movie that Jesse McCartney is to be in. Have no idea if he plays my student or what, supposedly I have a line, but we'll see, right?

I know as featured, we get pay, so that's what makes this ultimately satisfying. However, they did not state outright the rate, so I guess I'll be surprised when I get there.

Things seem to be picking up as far as work. I was forwarded a gig for Sunday but I do volunteer work that day so that's out. I am looking for work for Tuesday as that's the one day I'm available this week for work (not counting Saturday).

Got a headsup from a former gig asking about my doing some radio voiceover spots for them, which is great, so I wrote back saying I may be available and what is the rate. The last gig I did for them I got paid, but then I had to go back to do a voice-redo on a line I say, and I did that without getting or asking for any further compensation.

So now they come back with this. I still have yet to see the finished product or get anything for my potential reel. Should I hold my breath on the response? They were nice so I would like to see something positive come out of this for me.

Well, that's all for now. Continue to submit online and wait on whether I will be able to audition for this other gig that would be nice to land (money's decent). I sooo want to do commercials and voiceover work, just wanna get PAID to do it as well. As I was reminded yesterday, I have to treat myself like a business and conduct myself as such. Can't do favors every time.