Thursday, April 9, 2009

missed a call for SVU - darn!

Of course the call comes in after I decide I'm going to take a shower. I had the phones with me the past several days, waiting for a call and submitting like mad. Of course, I'm in the shower, just soaping up, when I hear a banging on the bathroom door and my cousin comes in all flustered and apologetic, with my phone beeping that I got a voicemessage.

I was in the shower, the phone is not exactly waterproof. So I had to rinse the soap out of my face and hands and turn off the water and wrap a towel around me, soapy and all and rush to hear the message.

I took down the phone number and called. The CD picked up, and I identified myself and the gig he just called me about. Wouldn't you know -- in those three precious minutes, the job was filled. OUCH! Lucky I didn't break a leg trying to get to this message.

Staying calm, I thanked the CD nicely and we hung up.

Guess it wasn't meant to be. How else to explain the timing? Sigh.

Thus another feature of the life of a BG actor.