Tuesday, April 28, 2009

computer glitches galore

I think this is a sign someone or something's looking out for me. Got word that a certain gig was not what it was advertised to be, and luckily I hadn't gone to it. Today was pretty -- I went out and enjoyed the day. I haven't heard from anyone except for my agent who sent me word that apparently I'm 1) too young looking and 2) not modelesque in order to play an older, or more modelesque Eastern European. A fellow BG actor texted if I had gotten the OK for this and I texted back no. Maybe they're working it. Lately I've noticed casting has been looking for older looking actors and I have a bit of a baby face, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it's not baby enough for high school/college look! Just young mom or something on that level.

Disappointed, I noted that quite a few people have been working some gigs, and I've been out of the loop. It's times like this that make me wonder what's coming up for me. I'm happy for my fellow BG'ers, but I like to work too.

Now on to the next topic -- trying to deal with an antiquated computer until my computer gets updated -- AUGHHHH!!! It's amazing how reliant one can quickly get on a computer, especially when trying to put in for work. Just trying to stay positive here. I also have to be patient.