Sunday, June 28, 2009

work work work

I'm on standby for one movie and put in my availability for two things this week along with my availability for Monday. This is going to be an interesting and busy week. Heard that some people are also waiting. I've put in a reminder to ask about status, so hopefully things will come up roses.

The weather has improved, so I'm looking for more than one gig to get done this week in order to justify my existence.

Funny news: I had been checking out office jobs, and the ad did not state how to send my resume, so I asked for clarification, then got a email response back which totally violated every single rule that one is to ask a prospective employee: their age, their marital status, how many children they have, and what their current and future education plans are.

So I wrote back I'm over 21 and have the federal I.D. to prove I can work in the U.S. -- and how was my marital status and how many children relevant to doing the actual job? I showed my cousin and was advised that I most likely will not get a response back. It's too bad in this day and age that an employer feels that they have a right to ask such questions.