Monday, June 29, 2009

Boy Wonder

Found myself reporting to a church for an overnight gig. It was 7:30, and had started raining. I wore my business casual outfit, a simple grey pinstriped skirt and black small polkadotted french collared long sleeved top, nylons, simple silver earrings and black flats.

I carried a small black tote that held two changes of clothing - a simple brown wrap dress and blue jeans and top. I figured I could wear the black flats with either outfit and that's it.

When I got there, they already had a food setup and it was hot food, which was a delightful surprise. We were hardly there a half hour when they told us we could go eat. They even had dessert! But I abstained from the dessert.




The whole scene was about a kid who loses his parents to a violent crime and he goes on a revenge thing to get those who hurt his family. Reminded me of Batman.
In any case, we were filming in a train station -- a section of the Grand Central using the Shuttle train. We filmed as the train moved, and all I had to do with a couple of other background actors, was react as people rushed past us into another car as the train moved.
After about five takes, we were done, and we were ushered back upstairs. The challenge was staying awake after we had 'lunch' at 1 am. By 5, one of the women had a kid emergency so I got signed out with her as we shared the same scene together and thus I wouldn't be used again.
I gathered my stuff, got paid, and headed towards Grand Central to catch my train. The sky was starting to lighten. By the time I got to my house, the sun was out. I passed a fruit stand and picked up some fresh bananas. I ended up having a brief chat with my building security before calling it a 'night' and headed upstairs. I checked my email and then finally went to sleep.