Thursday, July 30, 2009

Open call

Open calls. I view them with mixed feelings. Firstly, it's a way to meet other actors, and make connections and possibly come across some interesting information. The other part of it, is the lines, the wait, the virtual feeling of a 'cattle call' -- lots of people who are tired, sleepy, hungry, thirsty, with affected and differing attention spans that cause the tired overworked casting assistants to repeated the same basic information. Lines of people waiting hours to get in and possibly drop off a headshot with a casting assistant in hopes of being called back for work.

I will have to remind myself to bring a bottle of water, something to read, my headphones, an umbrella to ward off the sun and bring something to sit on. What to wear without wilting or destroying my feet will be the other issue.

I'm hoping for a cool and a sunny day as well as my getting hired for this and many more work opportunities.