Thursday, July 9, 2009

Huzzah!

Just got called for a gig on Law & Order SVU. I play an onlooker at a crime scene. No lines, just background. woo-hoo-ee!

Have to pass on another audition but have two on Saturday, one of which is an open call.

Am waiting to hear on the Hellman's Commercial audition.

Busy week for me. :-)

A strange thing occurred the other day -- the usual "who's available tomorrow" casting was sent out by Central, stating something new with it, that one had to be in good standing with ALL PRODUCTION and Central. I found that intriguing -- and wrote back stating yes, I am available and how could I find out what my standing was? Is it in a database one could view?

I didn't get a response, and I know it's most likely a general shoutout from them to all of us BG'ers, but it was still a bit unnerving. Like, really, how do we find out for sure? There can be so many factors -- a junior PA may decide not to like you, or you sucked in your teeth as force of habit and someone took it as a disrespect, or you were somehow looking at someone funny, I mean, I don't know, short of telling off a PA I don't see how one can get kicked off. I've never done any of those things, so I am assuring myself I am safe. But honestly, is it a scare tactic? Aren't they electronically sophisticated enough to bar those from their submission system and send them a notation that they are no longer part of the casting system?

I guess maybe they don't to avoid getting sued, but honestly, they let you know from the beginning that if anything goes wrong, they have the right to bar you for life from being in their casting pool. So I just want to make sure, since the factors and variables can be so great and so little, that I'm not wasting anybody's time by submitting for BG roles through them. As far as I can tell, I'm still in their system and getting alerts, so I think I'm good.