Thursday, July 16, 2009

Got an email early this AM about the music vid gig

The email read about calling to confirm. Again? I had already confirmed and 'spoke' to the person casting yesterday evening. But I called anyway. Turns out, they can only pay the first 8 people who called back from reading the email from this morning. I took a second to let it sink in. I'm inwardly, whuuhh? The casting person hurriedly goes on to say they want the more the merrier who can come, and it may be likely someone of the first 8 may not show up, so I could still get paid. The casting person says this twice, as if saying it more than once is to convince one of us on this phone call.

I listened, took a beat, then waited to see what else they were offering. A metrocard for the travel trouble? Nothing. So I politely turned down this 'extraordinary opportunity' to people a video for some poser and kept it moving. Ridiculous. The bus and train fare just went up, folks, the least you can do if you don't want to pay is hand out Metrocards for people's trouble and time. Sheesh.

What gets me is the whole point of responding to their ad was that they were paying for two hours. It was $25.00 Then to pull this shit? Tacky. And unprofessional.