Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I get to watch the sun rise two days in a row

I'm being told not to worry and I'm trying not to. The fact remains that background work is few and far between. I'm continuing to stay positive, and also develop a backup plan. Of course the people who know me understand that this is essentially not what I want to do, but I have to, if things continue as they are.

I need to get into a union and the money situation hasn't improved for me to even take this on let alone barely pay the rent. Every time I turn around some new expense has to be paid for, whether it's online submitting, stamps, envelopes, or Metrocards to get around town.

I wish that these prolific job posts that ask for 'talent' would at least supply a Metrocard along with food and water as part of the lure package to get background actors to work. It would definitely be an incentive, and wouldn't cost us a thing, but I guess they figure we should pay for the privilege of being 'onlooker' or 'pedestrian number three' passing in a scene.

Jeez. I know it's not brain science but it would be great for you to pay us for our time and effort of showing up for your gig somehow and more positively. Sheesh!