Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blue Bloods in Harlem

It was a quick slightly rainy day. We got there early, we were served breakfast, which was dubious -- fiercely determined runny eggs, half cooked scalloped potatoes, oatmeal and coffee. Everything was warm, so I didn't complain. I drowned the potatoes in ketchup the catering provided, and ate what I could. After about an hour, someone brought in a crate of small bottled waters, which I was grateful for and picked up two bottles, easily downed one and kept the other one with my rollie suitcase that held my two other clothing changes -- ah, the life of a BG actor. Have the wardrobe of a rich chameleon but receive for it the pay of a pauper.

Part of the scene was playing in a barber shop. It was amusing hearing the PA's chat amongst themselves the ratio of men to women in a typical barber shop in the city. I played a 'customer' reading a paper and just sitting there, and the second was being a pedestrian. It wasn't rocket science and it only took about five or six takes, it was great.

Mark Warhlberg (sp?) was there, and so was Jennifer Esposito, who was having a hard time cuffing the 'criminal' -- at one point, the cuffs flew out of her hands and the director yelled "cut!"

By mid afternoon, we were wrapped and I took a cab home to celebrate as it was nearby and I didn't feel like walking the twenty plus blocks home. I was floating and didn't care. It was a short day and I was going to get a check for it. Back in the BG game I am!