Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Back to filming the film....month five or seven, give or take

Oh my Lord.  I can understand now how some actors grow a bit restless, eager to move on to the next project.  We all so want this project to be perfect, but the actual time spent for filming and rehearsal has been dismal.  If it weren't for my insistence on meeting for rehearsals, and getting in at least two, I don't think I could feel I've done the best I could for this.  I don't act in a vacuum, unless it's for some kind of CGI/animated project or voiceover. 

This is a small film, a very small one, done by one man who is both writer and director, and is in love with every word on the page.  He makes sudden changes within the script, and moves the time frame as he sees fit.  Continuity is an issue, because he is not keeping costuming straight.  The costuming is small at best, and we bring what we have, and I ended up having to wear one of the wife's outfits in order to film, now stuck with wearing it as there was confusion as to what was being filmed one day.

So now we come to the final thirty pages of the script, and I can't wait to be done.  Between actors too involved in their process and how the film should look, to a writer/director who apologizes every time he has to fumble between deciding which of the two lenses he has to shoot a particular angle for a scene, to finding myself more and more left out of the film and what is actually being filmed, I am at a point that I am becoming not just restless but exhausted.  I merely wanted something for my reel, and I am anxious to get this wrapped.

The scenes I am looking forward to have either been scrapped or drastically changed that I have very little screen time if at all.  A part of me now dreads even showing up tomorrow but it's a pivotal scene, the end scenes, when all the characters converge and the truth's revealed.  All exterior shots, so we only have a limited amount of time (and daylight) to get this right for the director. 

I will come prepared with the red outfit, because it's the first one you see my character in.  Of course the director/writer has done some finagling with the script as far as the time of year this scene occurs in, but whatever.  The other character in the scene will have the initial outfit on, but I won't, which makes no sense.

Trying to stay professional and not lose my cool over this.  It's not my baby, and I must trust it'll all turn out alright in the end.  At least that's what the W/D says from time to time.  All I know is that it's October and I need to move on soon.