Sunday, February 20, 2011

things are looking up

And here I was thinking, "so much for doing any BG work lately." Working a day job for over a year had sucked the joy, time and energy of seeking out such work.

Just got the nod for a BG gig! It's an overnight gig, so I'm hoping I'm out by 6 am or 8 am, because I have an appointment at 10 am for the career counselor that I can't really afford to miss.

So exciting! It's going to be a gala at the museum scene, so I am pulling out my trusty dark blue cocktail dress, some jewelry, a change of clothing in case wardrobe hates the dress (don't think they will, it looks great on me and is perfect for a museum party scene) and some shoes. The shoes will be trickiest, as I tend to have what some call "school marm" shoes than strappy hot mama shoes. The hot mama ones aren't comfortable to stand in for 8 to 12 hours. I've tried, and it's not pretty.

Got an email inquiry for another BG gig, this one for later in the week and will shoot over several days, so that is exciting in itself. Things are starting to line up nicely. Will fill you in once things actually happen...